Welcome to day 25 of “30 Days Behind the Curtain with Jane.”
Having launched 15 virtual courses of my own and helped nearly 75 clients do the same with our online delivery platform, I’ve learned quite a bit about delivering content online. One thing remains true – there is a science to creating transformational programs that keep students engaged and experiencing the transformation you promise. Here are few tips to either assess what you’ve already created or get you started on the path to virtual profits.
1. Give Them Your Best – Your first E-Learning Platform should be based on your most popular program – your signature content upon which your brand is built. By transforming this content into an automated step-by-step experience you allow unlimited students to consume, implement and experience the results they desire.
2. Begin With the End In Mind – You can’t hit a target you can’t see. So your first step is to get a clear picture of what you want your course to include. From who it’s for, what you’ll charge, the transformation they’ll experience to the timeframe for the launch – clarity in the beginning lays the foundation for a highly profitable course that produces Raving Fan referrals.
3. Measure Where They Start – To affirm your student’s investment and solidify their commitment, begin with a pre-course assessment. By giving them a numerical score of where they are at the start of your course, you provide the motivation to stay in the game and take the steps you suggest. Then have them take the assessment at the end so they are clear about the transformation your course provided.
4. Find the Flow of Your Content – When dividing your content into modules, it’s important to find the natural shifts your student needs to make in order to experience the transformation. Often a foundation needs to be laid, beliefs need to be shifted and skills need to be developed. By finding the natural progression of growth you set your students up for lasting success.
5. Inspire Consistent ACTION – One of the biggest benefits of a sequential learning program is your ability to give students small steps to apply what they learn. Assign no more than 4 or 5 small steps per module and ensure they are completed before moving to the next module. By tracking this electronically, we’ve seen a 400% increase in engagement.
6. Plan For Long-term Leverage – You can take the “cheap route” to get your content up online but the real question is – “Will it inspire completion and long term leverage?” Many clients come to us after realizing that their old-school platform is leaving students feeling frustrated and un-inspired. The smart path to long-term recurring revenues is to choose a platform today that will serve you for years to come. Our online delivery platform does just that!
If you want to learn how to turn your content into recurring revenues, reserve your seat on a small group demo here. Then take the Virtual Viability Survey to qualify for a private consultation. The possibilities are just a click away!
If you would like notification of my daily blog topics, like my Facebook Business Breakthrough page here: https://www.facebook.com/janedeuberbusinessmastery.