Read Time: 4 minutes
Have you ever started your week, looked at your scheduled and had an instant feeling of overwhelm? Are your days filled with appointments and putting out fires to the point you never get to the truly important stuff?
If yes, you are not alone. But, what if you could change all that with a simple waive of your magic wand? What if a little bit of structure brought you loads of freedom? It’s possible!
My Daily Jump Start
No matter what day of the week, starting your day with some “me time” will fill you up, get you grounded and prepare you emotionally for the day ahead. My morning practice ebbs and flows, but always includes a combination of reflection, journaling, writing and meditating (my version at least). Only then do I dive into email, which typically takes me about 30 minutes to address.
Jane’s Week-At-A Glance
Monday Theme: Planning, Project Planning and Content Creation.
- Check on our progress toward our monthly goals to stay focused on our priorities.
- Check Basecamp for the priority projects and check in on team focus.
- Review and respond to each team member’s Weekly Recap summarizing their wins and focus for the coming week.
- Update my Weekly Manifestation List where I track immediate To Dos and team member focus.
- Look over my calls for the week to see how I need to prepare.
- Meet with our Social Media team to plan our outreach for the week.
- Write the copy for my Tuesday Tip and Friday Freebie eblasts.
- Meet with Mario to review revenues and accounts payable.
Tuesdays are devoted to my private clients.
- A 1 hour meeting with my virtual team to connect about the week ahead.
- Preparation for my private client sessions which begin at 12 noon.
- Private sessions that wrap up at 4.
- Client follow-up emails, where I recap what came from their session.
Wednesdays and Thursdays are devoted to my “Turn-Key” CEO Clients, where my team and I step in and grow our clients’ business. From writing copy, managing their team or producing a sales campaign – this is where we get it all done.
Fridays are my “free day” where I keep it light, unstructured and short. While sometimes I play catch-up, it’s typically a day where I connect with collaborative partners, colleagues and friends.
Where do my mini-breaks, time at the gym or hikes with Mario fit in? I’ve found that if I don’t get them in before noon, they are a goner, which is why I am typically up and going around 6:00 am.
Here’s the deal… we all have 24 hours in a day and how we use that time determines the quality of our life. How much we earn, the depth of our relationships and the sense of joy we experience on a daily basis is all driven by the choices we make on a daily basis.
So this week, why not try a little time-blocking? Start with 2 half days you devote to like tasks or a project and see how you feel. You never know, you may just find it to be the missing element to your inner peace and greater productivity. ;0)
Have an awesome week!
Want to receive our weekly tip emails?